Wednesday, September 14, 2011

first day of school!!!

Well, hi there!  Sorry we've been missing from the blog world lately.  It's been a very busy few weeks around here!  Last weekend, we got to be part of Blair and Justin's AWESOME wedding, and don't worry - pictures will be coming soon!  But even before that, Will got to go to his first day of school!  {Matt laughs when I call it school, it's actually Mother's Day Out, but school sounds fancier.}  He is going to Park Cities Baptist Church on Fridays from 9-2, and I have to say that although I was definitely worried, the first day went pretty well!  Really, the only issue is that Will is a pretty regular 1-3pm napper.  So if you do the math there, you can see that school ending at 2 isn't ideal.  He surprisingly did a great job of falling asleep on his nap mat on the first day, but his teacher said that when he was awakened about an hour into naptime to start getting everyone ready for pick-up, he was not pleased.  NOT. PLEASED.  So when I arrived to pick him up, he was curled up on one of the teachers, clearly trying to go back to sleep. But once we got home, he was having nothing to do with any additional naptime.  So...what are you gonna do?  I guess he will adjust to a short nap on Fridays!

I was also worried about how he would handle being left, but I think I was the one who took it the hardest!  He definitely clung onto me at first, but they don't let mamas come into the room at dropoff time, so after we stood in the door for a few minutes, and I pointed out all the fun toys inside, he was off.  What I wasn't ready for was the door being shut on me immediately after Will ran off.  Ouch!  I know it's to keep him from seeing me and running back, but I definitely peered in the window like a creepster for a few minutes to see how he would do!  His teachers said that he did fine for the most part, although there were a few "rough moments."  Hopefully each week will get even easier for him, and he will LOVE going every Friday.  Here are a few pictures of the first day of school!

we started the night before by packing a special lunch - part of it was heart shaped tortillas!  {i do realize that I can only get away with things like this while he is this young.}

backpack and lunch box are ready to go!

breakfast of champions - star shaped cinnamon toast!

Will + Daddy


Will + Mommy

{he is one wiggly dude!}

Playing ball with dad before school!  {love}



time to go!!

Ah, Baby Will....when did you grow up on me?!

3 comments:

crystal said...

It just keeps going faster and faster I can promise you that. My baby is about to be 5!!!

Jennifer said...

So cute! Good job Will. I love his backpack and lunch box.

kristen said...

baby will!! he is so big! and so so so cute! oh my gosh! so cute!