Wednesday, August 8, 2012

rain, rain, don't go away!

It rained this morning!  As sad as this sounds, this rainy morning was the first time we've played outside in weeks! {except for going to the splash park, which has been our summer savior}  It has just been too hot, and the west nile mosquitoes are everywhere, so we've been hanging out inside.  But the rain happened to hit at the perfect time this morning.  The babies had just fallen asleep for their morning nap, so Will and I decided to go sit on the porch and watch the rain.  This turned into the most fun playtime Will has had in awhile.  He played with the dirt in the flowerbeds {such a boy}, washed his hands off in the rain, and eventually embraced the water completely and just played right out in it.  {And I got to sit on the porch with a cup of coffee and watch, ahhhh....}


After he was completely soaked, Will started pulling leaves off the bush in the front yard, one at a time, and bringing them to me.  So of course, once he started collecting, he had to build a road out of his treasures.  




Playing outside is a good thing for us, because when we are stuck inside, things like this start to happen.  Will "helped" with the laundry yesterday and ended up wearing most of it.  


I kept taking pictures because I thought he was finished piling stuff on each time, but nope...still more!
Does this make anyone else think of the Friends episode where Joey wears ALL of Chandler's clothes?  :)

Inside play can be fun though - we've started having storytime with all three babies every afternoon.  The girls LOVE it!  I didn't think they would even really care, but they love to sit and listen to stories and look at the pictures.  Such fun to find something we can all enjoy!

Reading "The Cat in the Hat"

And on another note...Will is napping in his big boy bed...RIGHT NOW!  In his room at the in-between-houses house, there is a full size bed, and we just put his crib in there with it.  I had talked to him a bit about the big boy bed, just so he would know what it was, but I hadn't planned to make the move until we were in the new house.  But, on Monday, when I was putting him down for his nap in his crib, he said, "no mama, this is not your bed...THAT is your bed," while pointing at the big bed. {note - Will says "your" for "my" right now..we're working on it}  He totally wanted to try the big bed, so we did...but I didn't have the rails yet, and after he fell asleep like a champ, he rolled right out.  So back in the crib we went, until I got the rails today.  And with only one diaper situation induced escape, he fell asleep and has been napping for almost 2 hours!  Hopefully he continues like this...we'll see.  Honestly, I was afraid he would never nap again once he got out of the crib, but as always, I've been pleasantly surprised by how well he handled the transition. :)

No comments: