Friday, September 7, 2012

first day of school and cookies!

Will's first day of school was today!  He is attending the same Mother's Day Out program he went to last year, still just one day a week.  And I can say with certainty that this first day was far easier on both of us than the last one!  Will woke up today saying "Um, we don't want to go to school today," and I had fears that drop off was going to be pretty rough.  Then we walked in the building and it was like a scene from a horror movie....every doorway had kids screaming and crying as they were pulled from their moms.  {In all fairness, it may have been like that last year, but I was too focused on my OWN screaming crying baby to notice.}  So we got to Will's room, and the kid being dropped off in front of us was NOT pleased about it, and as I felt Will clinging tighter, I was ready for him to lose it.  Then...he looked in the room and saw his teacher and all the toys, and he asked to get down and go in!  He ran right in and started playing without even looking back.  Yay!  I definitely have felt so much better about him being at school after a good drop off.  Matt is off work today {we closed on our new house this morning!} so he is picking Will up right now.  Hopefully he had a fabulous day! 

All ready to go with his backpack!




Totally didn't notice his bedhead until after we took pictures...

Yesterday, while I took the girls to their 6 month check up, Will spend the afternoon with Mimi and Duke.  When we got back from the doctor, we all made cookies!  This was Will's first cookie making experience, and he had a blast.  He wasn't that interested in rolling or cutting out the dough, but adding sugar and sprinkles was a HIT.

rolling the dough with Duke

"W" cookie!

the girls watched...poor babies had just had FOUR shots each






And of course, he sampled the goodies!
Such fun!!  Thanks Mimi & Duke!

No comments: