Happy to be seven months old!!
Caroline
Emily
The cute stickers are pretty useless at this point. As soon as I stick them on, the girls rip them off and start chewing them. So they go on the chair. :)
My favorite thing about these pictures is that Caroline is smiling because Will walked up on the side of the chair and started singing to her. So sweet!
{And she's sort of sitting up on her own for the first time, with some help from the armrest}
Will joined too. These girls love their big brother and are always watching him!
And here is Emily telling me she's pretty much done with pictures. ;)
Caroline and Emily are pretty adorable at 7 months old. They love to laugh and smile, and it doesn't take much to earn a giggle. It's so fun to reach the stage where you don't have to do cartwheels and a full comedy routine to get a grin. :) They are getting wigglier and more mobile every week...barrel rolls are a popular way to get around, and they flip on their tummies almost immediately when they get set down now. Both are pretty easy to console when they get upset...they just want to be held. I hate when I sometimes have to leave a crying baby while I pick up her sister, but I guess that's the life of twins when mama only has 2 arms. I have gotten much better at the simultaneous pick-up and double baby hold, but it doesn't work so well when someone gets really worked up and needs some one-on-one attention to calm down. However, they often seem to alternate so that one is fussier during the day and the other tags in at night. While this means less down time for us, it's nice to avoid double-super-meltdowns whenever possible!
We're still waiting for some progress towards sleeping through the night. I think we are definitely ready for a little bit of sleep training, but we are waiting until we are in the new house and have a bit more space before we get going with that, mostly for Will's sake. Have I mentioned that Caroline can be REALLY loud? Like....Really. Loud. So right now, we are up every few hours and still doing feedings twice a night. I like to think of it as extra bonus baby snuggle time without a toddler climbing on my knees.
Speaking of feedings, we just started oatmeal cereal this week. Actually, we tried it once a few weeks ago, but it seemed to make the girls fussy, so we gave it a few weeks and started again this week. I've just been giving them a chance to try a bit at lunchtime each day, and although I don't think much is going down, they seem to enjoy trying. Will never loved cereal, but he LOVED food...so I'm excited to try some new things with the girls soon.
How about some more pictures? :)
oatmeal!!
Caroline
Emily
First time in jeans {actually jeggings, ha!}
sweet little bloomers
Bathtime fun! {C}
{E}
We have the breathable bumpers, which have a little gap where they velcro on...and the girls can peek through at each other! So cute.
There aren't many clothes that can be passed down from big brother to little sisters, but I always loved this little yellow "hug me" shirt when Will was a baby, so Caroline got to wear it the other day.
I turned my back for 2 seconds, and C barrel rolled across the room! {she started next to E!}
We are loving the cooler weather and took a short walk yesterday. It had to be short because carrying two almost-14-pound babies in carriers is a back killer! Sheesh!
Being 7 months old is exhausting!














1 comment:
You captured some GREAT smiles!!! They are so cute!!
Post a Comment