
So we had tickets to the afternoon show, because at the time of ticket purchasing, Will was a teeny tiny newborn, and I just didn't know if nighttime outings would possible yet by 4 months (yes, paranoid new mom), so we opted for the afternoon showing to be safe. Therefore, it was approximately 100 million degrees when we left for the show. Not a problem, right? I mean - it's not like the fair is going on, so we'll get to park right next to the music hall....right?? Not so much. It seems that there was some sort of VERY popular festival going on at fair park yesterday. In fact, so very popular that almost every parking lot was full. There were even people tailgating, complete with stomping contests and loud music. So we literally had to park about 2 miles away from the music hall. I might be exaggerating, but it was at least a mile! Normally this would only be a minor inconvenience, but I think other new moms will agree that when you get a chance to dress up after wearing t-shirts and flip-flops most days, it is fun! And you want to wear things that you don't get many chances to wear anymore. So I decided to sport these shoes:
Tell that to my band-aid covered feet! After walking super fast in the heat to get to the show, I had some pretty legit blisters, making the walk back AFTER the show even worse (plus there was no fabulous musical at the end of that journey). Matt will attest to the fact that during the walks to and from the music hall, I was screaming, "My feet are BLEEDING!" to anyone who would listen, while he was trying to convince me that one should never wear (or buy) shoes that make walking painful.
Lesson learned about wearing 5 inch heels? Probably not...

No comments:
Post a Comment