Tuesday, November 15, 2011

LOVE this guy {21 months}

Will and I had an impromptu photo shoot outside this morning.  I realized that I haven't been taking as many pictures lately, plus he just turned 21 months old on the 11th, so I thought some documentation was in order.  Most of these were taken within about a 30 second span of each other when I had captured his attention AND gotten him to laugh at the same time.  Aside from moments like these, it's impossible to get this guy to stand still for pictures these days!  ;)






And here is Will caught in the act - doing a couple of his favorite things.
Picking leaves...

And throwing rocks, balls, etc. into the pond!  {aka terrorizing the fish}


A few of my favorite things about Will at 21 months:

  • I LOVE hearing him talk.  He tells me all kinds of things lately, from what he wants to what he does NOT want.  I love hearing what goes on in his mind.  He is a total parrot and will repeat anything you say.  And he doesn't forget, like, ever...so we must remember to watch what we say!  My favorite saying of the week:  yesterday we were playing with a puzzle, and I started saying "Way to go, Will!" when he would get the pieces in the right spots.  And ever since, he walks around saying "WaaTiGoWeeeeeeeuuuulll!!"  So cute.  And sadly, he has not forgotten "GO RANGERS!" since the World Series.  So any time he sees the Rangers logo or we see any sort of sports reference, he yells out, "GO Rangers!"  I just can't bring myself to break the news to him...
  • He still loves being outside more than anything.  And even better than outside??  The PAYgound {playground}!!  He loves it so much that when I take him, he will often look up at me while he's playing and just yell "paygound!!!" - as if he can't even believe we're actually there.  
  • He has gotten really into saying his prayers lately, and if we ever forget before a meal, he will usually remind us at some point during the meal by saying "God. Great. Food. Amen!!"  :)
  • He remembers his friends now, and sometimes he'll see a toddler somewhere and yell out "Haaaapuh!" {Harper}  or "Ben!!" - even if it's not that person that he sees.  
  • Mother's Day Out has become something fun, hooray!  After the first month was VERY rocky at dropoff and pickup, he now loves it!  When I drop him off, he happily walks in and says "bye mama!"  And he's all smiles at pick up too, which is so much more pleasant!  I feel so much better about my 5 hours a week of toddler-free time now that I know he is having a blast while I'm gone.
  • I love to hear him chatter over the monitor as he's falling asleep.  He usually names off family members, counts, or says his ABCs when he's talking to himself.  So cute.

I could go on forever, but I'll stop there for now.  I love every second I get to spend with this sweet little boy, and I can't wait to see what he does next!




No comments: