Tuesday, December 10, 2013

thankful

We are thankful for so many things around here, and we had a great time celebrating Thanksgiving with our family this year.  I am especially thankful for these three monkeys who keep me too busy to blog about Thanksgiving until December 10th!  


This year, we had Thanksgiving at our house for the first time ever!  Sometime around when Matt and I got married {I can't remember if it was before or after}, we combined the Goodman and Hawkins family Thanksgivings into one celebration, which is so fun.  We've always had it at my parents' house, but this year we offered to host so we could make use of our new(ish) dining room table, and also just because it's fun to finally be settled in our house and have the ability to have everyone over for a meal!  And what a great reason to use our china and crystal after 8 1/2 years!  I completely forgot to take a single picture once everyone arrived on Thanksgiving day, but here are a few of the table setting and decorations.





Dessert table looked kinda lonely until everyone brought more desserts!


It was such a fun day of celebrating, eating, and spending time with family.  And here's a random collection of recent photos of the children I am so thankful for.  :)

Caroline driving in the coveted red car  {saying "beep beep"}

Whenever the girls wore these Thanksgiving turkey shirts, they would walk around saying, "gobble gobble!"


Playing in their favorite coats from Will's closet.

I made a special order mickey mouse hat/shorts set for a photographer, and the shorts needed to fit a 1 year old, so I had Emily try them on for me since I had only ever made newborn pants and shorts before....too funny!  Maybe I should start making all their clothes out of yarn?  {no.}

One of my favorite pictures EVER of Emily's hair.  It truly defies gravity.

And for comparison...Caroline

Fun times at Will's preschool rodeo! 
{blurry phone pic...these kids are always in motion!}




Something else I am thankful for...Caroline and Emily will usually play with each other in their cribs when they wake up in the morning or from a nap.  They pass dollies back and forth, jump up and down, shriek in delight, and talk to each other.  I hope they always have such fun together.  

And finally...it's my favorite time of the year!!  Christmas is here, and we have had a blast decorating!  Will really loved putting ornaments on the tree with me this year.  I just had to stay a few steps behind him to rearrange them, or every single one would have been in that spot, right there.


We added a felt Christmas tree to the playroom this year.  It's obviously a pinterest idea...who comes up with all this stuff?  Everyone loves it, especially the girls, although they seem to enjoy taking the ornaments off more than putting them on.  But hey - it's entertainment, and we've just had 4 straight days of being iced in, so we'll take whatever entertainment we can get!  ;)

Looking forward to more holiday celebrations to come!


No comments: