Tuesday, March 10, 2015

california

Matt took a quick work trip to California in January, and I got to tag along!  Ahhh...after weeks of sick kiddos and cold weather, we were so excited about a get-away!

One the plane!

We spent the first day/night in Temecula, where Matt had work meetings.  So I got to shop and wander around the town.  Temecula has a winery area right outside of town, so I drove through the vineyards and looked at the wineries.  Beautiful!


I noticed the pretty sunset as I was about to go pick up Matt from work.  Almost missed it, but I got one picture across the parking lot! 

We booked our second night in Huntington Beach, so we drove through LA on our way there, just to check it out.  Honestly?  LA is not beautiful.  We had fun walking through Hollywood, and I think we would have enjoyed Beverly Hills, but we decided to get back on the road so we could make it to the beach before sunset.

We walked to the Chinese theater and looked at the hand/footprints and the gold stars on the sidewalk.


Capitol Records
.

Hollywood sign waaaaaaay back there.

And then we arrived at the beach.  AAAHHHH...

We stayed in a beautiful hotel with an ocean view.  We were sad it was only for one night!

 The problem with a vacation for 2?  All the pictures are awkward selfies with one giant arm holding the phone.  ;)



Take me back to California!!

No comments: