Oh my goodness. Our baby is FIVE. Will Hawkins, you have made every single day of the last 5 years more fun, hilarious, exciting, and awesome than we could have ever imagined.
I could write a novel describing Will and the things he says and does daily that keep me on my toes. He has an amazing mind and truly loves to learn. He never seems to forget anything, which can be great {when I forget something and need a reminder} or sometimes a bit challenging {when I say something and would like to adjust expectations later}. Will's newest interests are sports, math, car races with his sisters, and octonauts. And he still loves reading, american ninja warrior, board games, and hanging out with his family. He is truly the sweetest boy, and while he has always been really affectionate and loving, he is going through the best phase where he will stop me several times a day to give me a big hug and tell me that he loves me "infinity times infinity plus infinity" and that I'm the best mom in the world. *swoon*
We had the most fun day celebrating Will on February 11th. It truly was a day-of-Will, and he LOVED every minute {so did I!}. He had school that day, so we got up early so he could open his presents before school instead of waiting until the end of the day when Matt got home from work. His big gift was a set of soccer goals that Matt made for him. He really really loved soccer this past season and has been kicking the ball all over the house. So now we can play in the front yard anytime he wants!
They're almost as tall as he is!
He also got some new books and a mad libs game.
And a new board game!
And some giant sports pillows!
These pillows were actually the only thing he asked for this year. When I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he said, "Well, it sure would be cool if there could be a big basketball that was soft, and I could lay my head on it." Done. Ball pillows.
Then we had homemade cinnamon rolls for birthday breakfast.
{By now it was only about 8:30am, so the girls were still sound asleep. Have I mentioned that we are not morning people around here?}
Next up - Mimi and Duke invited the girls to their house so that Will, Matt, and I could have a special lunch date. Will was SO excited. Wednesday is the day he normally stays for lunch and extended day at school, but since it was his birthday, I picked him up early for our date!
Ready to go meet Daddy!
Can you tell he's excited?
This guy LOVES fried chicken, so we took him to Babes.
We also wanted to make sure that wherever we went would do something special for his birthday, and Babes didn't disappoint!
And we couldn't go to Babes without re-creating the honey monster moment. ;)
Side-by-side with the original. {Love you, B!!}
Then when we got home, Will had a special delivery of a GIANT birthday card full of dollars! Thank you, Grandpa and Mama D! Such a fun surprise.
And to end the fabulous birthday celebration, we had the entire family over for dinner, cake and even more presents. This boy is very loved!
A new scooter from Mimi and Duke!
And new swim gear from Nana - goggles, snorkel, and swimming fins!
Of course we had cake. Will picked red velvet with cream cheese icing, and I decorated it American Ninja Warrior style.
I tried to get a picture of the kids with all the grandparents, but if you think it's tough to get a picture with all 3 kids looking at the camera, add in 5 grandparents!! {And the flash reflection on the tv is super distracting....totally was not on my radar when trying to get 16 eyes open all at the same time!}









No comments:
Post a Comment