Thursday, January 6, 2011

sorry dude...

Will - I am officially apologizing in writing for posting pictures of you wearing a flower hat on the internet.

OK - now that that's out of the way, I'm kind of excited about my flowers! The idea is that I put buttons on the back of these little flowers, so they can be switched out on plain hats to give you different looks! Fun, huh? In an effort to preserve Will's manliness, I did take some pics of the hat just sitting on the table, but I think it just looks better on.

But here's one of the pieces separately:

And I made a tiny newborn one too!

But it looks best on a baby, right?

I have lots of hat ideas, but apparently, many of them are girly. Probably because I'm kind of girly. After the flowers, I moved on to hearts. I wanted to learn to knit things into the design of the hat, so this was my first attempt. I made it in the tiny size because making the hat goes so much faster. Gonna need some tiny baby girls to give these girly hats to!

For now, George volunteered to be my model.
{His head is a little big, but what can you do?}

And finally - Will's girlfriend, Harper, wore the hat I made her the other day, and her mommy sent some pics! I just had to post a couple because she is so darn beautiful! LOVE!



3 comments:

Rikki said...

Lisa-- I LOVE the hats! You're amazing! I can't believe you make those!!! I've been reading your posts about these super cute hats for a while and I always mean to post about their superior cuteness! And- I clearly think that it helps that your little model is absolutely precious. He's even jazzed about wearing a girly hat! :)

kristen said...

LISA! YOU ARE AMAZING!! i am in love with the heart! I did that with a scarf and I want to do that a hat too!! and I just did hats with flowers too! we are like viral twins!! I LOVE IT!

Jennie Jones said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your new craftiness! And obviously we LOVE Harper's hat! The idea with the button flowers- just amazing! Can't wait to get some of those!!!