Wednesday, February 2, 2011

snow days

Hey guys! It snowed!!

We have been snowed {iced} in for 2 days! Matt was home from work on snow day #1, which was super fun. He had to go back to the office today {even though it is still icy and his office was *technically* closed...}, and Will and I started to get a wee bit stir crazy. Temps aren't supposed to get above freezing until Friday, so we may really run out of activities tomorrow. Here's what we've been up to:

Will got to play in the snow yesterday.
All was well until he decided to crawl to me...

Ow!! Cold!

But overall, still fun. :)

Today we practiced standing.

And chewing socks while standing.

Then we really got bored with the indoor toys, so I decided we needed a craft. I first thought fingerpainting could be fun, but then quickly remembered that Will would most likely immediately eat the paint. So I decided we would fingerpaint with applesauce. {even better - cranberry/raspberry applesauce, which is bright red}

A little unsure...

What IS this?

YUM!

Dude, this is awesome!

Messy, delicious, AND fun. Snow day success.

Next stop: bathtub!
{Don't think I've mentioned on the blog yet - Will has graduated to the big boy bathtub! Mostly because the yellow duck tub sprung a leak, but also because he loves it.}

Woohoo!

He points at everything these days.

When I was grabbing his towel, I noticed his robe in the drawer. He hasn't worn it much, as it was too big when I tried it on him last. It fits in the arms/body now, but I have to question its length. Is a shorty robe really appropriate? Ever?

Pretty hot look with the diaper, don't you think?

And no snow day would be complete without some quality time with Ally.

And of course, by "quality time," I mean harassment and tail pulling.

We hope your snow days have been as fun as ours!
{We also hope for warmer weather soon!}

2 comments:

The Whalen Family said...

The hat is adorable!!! We are going a little crazy here too!

kristen said...

HE IS SO CUTE! i know i say it everytime, but I cant stand it! He is so so cute!! and the hats! Lisa- I cant get over it!! you are so amazing!!